- RegenexBio (RGNX) and Novartis (NVS) just received FDA approval of Gene Therapy treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- (SMA )Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a disease affecting the motor nerve cells in the spinal cord, taking awaythe ability to walk, eat, or breathe.
- Said to be the number one genetic cause of death for infants.
- According to a company’s filling, price tag for the treatment is $2.1 million.
- Product is called Zolgensma
Congrats to RegenxBio and Novartis for the huge accomplishment!
Disclaimer: I currently do not own any position in RGNX nor NVS. This is not advice to buy or sell please do your DD before investing.
MS Money Move and its Chief Operating Officer who is a scientist and individual investor, as well as its affiliates are not registered financial advisors. Our posts should serve as educational material to help you conduct due diligence research. Posts and articles are not directives or recommendations to invest in any security. We reserve the right to buy or sell any security for ourselves without any notification except when required by law. We are not responsible for the action of our affiliates. Investment theses may change due to the variable nature of the securities market. Because of this there is great risk when investing in stocks and options which can result is capital loss. Additionally, past performance by MS Money Moves or any security is not a predictor of future performance. Everyone should conduct their own research and due diligence before making an investment decision. We recommend you consult a financial advisor regarding any investment action.
The biotech sector is especially volatile. Stock prices may fluctuate substantially based on material or nonmaterial developments. We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with clinical trial processes, relevant terminology, FDA/SEC rules and regulations, and the general processes of drug & therapy development/approval. Always do independent research in a security prior to investing.