After a tumultuous close to the previous trading week, we found success leveraging puts on our selected plays which you may have seen. Plays such as Apple, tanked roughly -4.5% after our research suggested puts may be lucrative in the upcoming trading days. Since this, several evolvements have taken place to shift investors focus. Trump was said to have reported talks with China in regards to trade tensions were to take place, causing the markets to rally (1.05% on the Dow, 1.32% on the Nasdaq etc). While this news was well received, investors appear to remain weary of progress due to the almost cyclical nature of these trade wars and Twitter drama. This week is sure to see volatility continue, let’s capture that with some well placed trades!
TSLA – Watching *small rebound after last weeks beating. Currently at 618 retracement with next support at $207.86 if $211 doesn’t hold. If $207 breaks, $190s look possible.
NFLX – Calls *RBC maintained an outperform with $450 PT. May benefit from this continued recovery from last weeks blow to the larger exchanges.
AMZN – Watching *Watching $1770, potential bearish play as S&D Strength Flow suggests. Potential bearish play to $1710 in accordance with S&D, will largely be dependent on resolution of trade questions.
BABA – Calls *Potential upward trend observed on 3 month chart. Looking for recovery from last weeks downside.
AAPL – Calls *Looking for continued recovery. Weekly option activity appears to show a significant volume of traders trapped in the 210 range before last weeks pullback. Watching for a push to the 211-212 range off of positive trade news.
AMD – Calls *Strong close and rebound at roughly 3% end of day. High volume on $32 calls, looking for continuation and bread attainment on calls.
CRM – Watching *Watching for it to hold $155. S&D Strength Trend suggests $160 possible short term. Insider (CEO) was reported to have sold shares today, this may momentarily damage price
DIS – Calls *Excitement around launch of Disney+ in November. Received buy rating from Tigress financial. Looking for push to $140s and acceleration from good trade news etc to prop the larger exchanges up.
Upcoming ER’s To Watch
- MOMO – reporting before bell expecting 0.57 eps . VEEVE – reporting after bell. ADSK – reporting after bell
- NTNX – reporting after bell . BOX – reporting after bell. MEIP – reporting after bell
- AMBA – reporting after bell . ULTA – reporting after bell. WDAY – reporting after bell.
- SRNE – reporting before bell. NOVN – reporting before bell. DCTCH – reporting before bell.
* Repeating Harmonic Cypher
* Sesn Bio: The Accelerated Approval Misunderstanding
* Bearish Butterfly Setup
* TXMD Product Surprises The Street
* OCUL Bearish Setup Going into Earnings.
* Foamix Pharmaceuticals: A dermatology play with more than 100% upside potential
* Trevena Inc. Interview Article
* Another quarter of Growth for Verastem…is it enough?
* Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AUPH): Highly undervalued in light of Voclosporin’s blockbuster potential by Edwin Ngarari
Just because a company is listed higher on the email does not necessarily mean its a better stock to trade.
* Our daily “Trade Ideas” emails are meant to give you ideas for swing and day trades. Returns we aim for are in the mid-single-digit to the double-digit range. Price targets (PT) are short-term in nature (i.e. a few days to a few weeks). Don’t be afraid to sell before the PT is hit if you are up on the position. Price targets are estimates, not an exact science.
Always take profits, let’s get it!!!
MS Money Move and its Chief Operating Officer who is a scientist and individual investor, as well as its affiliates are not registered financial advisors. Our posts should serve as educational material to help you conduct due diligence research. Posts and articles are not directives or recommendations to invest in any security. We reserve the right to buy or sell any security for ourselves without any notification except when required by law. We are not responsible for the action of our affiliates. Investment theses may change due to the variable nature of the securities market. Because of this there is great risk when investing in stocks and options which can result is capital loss. Additionally, past performance by MS Money Moves or any security is not a predictor of future performance. Everyone should conduct their own research and due diligence before making an investment decision. We recommend you consult a financial advisor regarding any investment action.
The biotech sector is especially volatile. Stock prices may fluctuate substantially based on material or nonmaterial developments. We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with clinical trial processes, relevant terminology, FDA/SEC rules and regulations, and the general processes of drug & therapy development/approval. Always do independent research in a security prior to investing.