This year has been full of positive catalysts for REGENXBIO Inc. (Nasdaq: RGNX). As RGNX continues to build out their clinical pipeline, data catalyst from upcoming phase 2a report on their Wet-AMD gene therapy product could send the stock roaring higher. RGNX is set to report data Oct. 13, 2019 and the technical setup is quite nice moving into data. The Wet-AMD market is a lucrative opportunity and proving the previous offering was worth the money and R&D to investors with positive data results will re-ignite excitement and investment. Although market conditions have been terrible lately, RGNX has held up great (I interpret this as positive sentiment going into data).
I have outlined and noted bullish patterns I will be watching. Press play on the interactive chart or the expand button to get a closer view at the instant replay.
One-Year-high: $85.10; July 09, 2018
- Cup and Handle formation starting date of IPO (Stock has retraced to bullish .707 harmonic retracement level from the July 2018 high).
- Recent low of $30 has significant price structure to hold current support.
- $30 also marked “oversold” territory and double bottom on the one-year chart.
- Symmetrical patterns portray controlled accumulation/ distribution in downtrend.
- Recent intra-day price spikes indicate Bulls buying back in for potential run-up on good data.
- RSI and CCI moving toward positive slopes.
- Fibonacci support levels converge with price from July 09, 2018 high.
Levels to Watch
- Levels I will be watching to add range from current price ($35) down to $30.40
- Structural levels (highlighted in horizontal rectangular box)
- Support levels (horizontal lines on chart) price needs to hold range from $30 -> $26
Please like and follow so we can continue finding awesome charts and money moves! Thanks in advance team!
Disclosure: I am long RGNX. I may buy or sell within the next 72 hours. This is not a recommendation to buy or sale, please do your homework before investing.
Check out our recent move with Conformis Inc.(Nasdaq: CFMS) with 30%+ move today. Sign up for our pre-researched trade ideas and get alerts when we make a trade. Good luck!
MS Money Move and its Chief Operating Officer who is a scientist and individual investor, as well as its affiliates are not registered financial advisors. Our posts should serve as educational material to help you conduct due diligence research. Posts and articles are not directives or recommendations to invest in any security. We reserve the right to buy or sell any security for ourselves without any notification except when required by law. We are not responsible for the action of our affiliates. Investment theses may change due to the variable nature of the securities market. Because of this there is great risk when investing in stocks and options which can result is capital loss. Additionally, past performance by MS Money Moves or any security is not a predictor of future performance. Everyone should conduct their own research and due diligence before making an investment decision. We recommend you consult a financial advisor regarding any investment action.
The biotech sector is especially volatile. Stock prices may fluctuate substantially based on material or nonmaterial developments. We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with clinical trial processes, relevant terminology, FDA/SEC rules and regulations, and the general processes of drug & therapy development/approval. Always do independent research in a security prior to investing.